Who we are
After 10 years of working as an in-house counsel in different companies and sectors and after having held positions starting from legal counsel over legal director to vice president legal and company secretary, Filip Beernaert established in 2007 his own company: Genuine Plus.
Why choosing Genuine Plus
Genuine Plus provides legal advice and contract drafting, reviewing and negotiation services to all types of companies, ranging from technology start-ups; to mid-sized companies up to large international companies. Almost all companies we advise are active on an international or global level. We have experience in different sectors, such as IT/ICT, automobile, manufacturing industry, smart mobility services, industrial automation, banking software, high tech, software security services, …. We worked and negotiated contracts with companies all over the world.
Our vision is to support and advice you in reaching strong, balanced and long-term agreements with your partners, customers and suppliers. We believe in a no-nonsense and hands-on approach with immediate results. We provide you with swift, efficient and professional advice and support at sharp rates.
All services are provided in full transparency of the time and effort spent.
Our Managing Director
Filip Beernaert is specialized in intellectual property law, commercial law, company law and in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts. He founded his company, Genuine Plus, in 2007 to support entrepreneurs, startups, large and medium-sized enterprises, and to get their business up and running and positioned for long-term success.Filip is also a Certified Data Protection Officer (DPO), he provides in-house legal counsel services and proposes his services as legal interim manager.
Filip Beernaert has a long experience in the support of software and technology (start-up) companies.
- Certified Data Protection Officer (DPI Institute) – 2017
- Diplôme en Droit et Gestion des Technolgies de l’Information et de la Communication (DGTIC) –University Namur (1996)
- Master of Law – University Leuven (1995)
To give you an insight in my experience, you can find here a short overview of the positions I held, prior to launching Genuine Plus:
- Legal counsel – Lernout Hauspie Speech Products NV
(Ieper – Belgium)
- Director legal – Lernout Hauspie Speech Products NV
(Ieper – Belgium)
- IP counsel – Acunia NV (Leuven – Belgium)
- Sr. Legal Counsel – Toyota Motor Europe NV (holding of Toyota Motor Marketing Europe and Toyota Motor Manufacturing Europe) (Brussels – Belgium) and support to Toyota Motorsport GmbH (previous F1 motorsport team) (Cologne/Köln – Germany)
- Vice President Legal –Punch Graphix NV (Antwerp – Belgium) / Company Secretary – Punch Graphix Plc (London – UK)
Later on, I worked and am still working on a self-employed basis for companies active in the following sectors:
- Smart Mobility services
- Telematics services, software and hardware for truck and transport
- Industrial automation
- ASIC Design, engineering and supply
- Design and licensing of software for banking services, contextualization, big data, insurance services, …..
- Software cloud services
- Software and network security services
- Continuous variable transmissions for hybrid and electric vehicles
- Development, engineering and manufacturing of digital printing presses
- Legal interim management